Below are instructions on how to update the firmware on your ZOIA. Attached are the firmware files and the changelog.
How to upgrade your ZOIA's firmware
0) Backup your patches using the instructions in the manual: http://assets.empresseffects.com/manuals/ZOIA.pdf
1) Download the firmware file from below. It should have the format eezoXXXX.bin where the XXXX is replaced by the version number. If there are two bin files below, the one with the higher version number is still beta. If you're going to use the beta firmware, make double sure to back up your patches!
2) Copy the file to the root directory of a high-capacity microSD card that's been formatted FAT32. Pictured below is the microSD card that comes with the ZOIA, but you can use any microSD card that has HC written on it. Note that some operating system don't want to format things as FAT32 (I'm looking at you Mac OS Disk Utility). For these obstinate OSes, you can use the SD Associations SD Memory Card Formatter.
3) Insert the SD card then power on the pedal. Make sure the pins of the SD card are facing upward, or else ZOIA will prompt you to try again.
4) The screen will tell you when ZOIA sees firmware and what it's doing with it. When it sees an update, it will take 40 seconds to complete the update.
5) Remove Micro SD card, cycle the pedal's power, and you're good!